UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer tamasgy89
Observer

ngc to vhdl

Hi,

Is there a tool that generates vhdl file from an ngc file, so that the vhdl file could be used for implementation? (similar to Netgen Functional Simulation, but I can't use that vhdl file generated for implementation).

Thanks,

Tamas 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: ngc to vhdl

Hi

can I ask why you would want to  convert a ngc file to VHDL ?

Do you not have the source file that  the ngc was made from ?

0 Kudos
Observer tamasgy89
Observer

The ngc is generated by CoreGenerator (for fast-Fourier transform), but I'd like to implement based on vhdl files. I'm not sure if I can use the vhdl generated by NetGen for implementation. How can I obtain a vhdl for this purpose?

I guess the FFT has a vhdl somewhere on my disk but CoreGenerator is not making it public...

Thanks for the answer,

Tamas

Message Edited by tamasgy89 on 12-21-2009 01:15 PM
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

tamasgy89 wrote:

The ngc is generated by CoreGenerator (for fast-Fourier transform), but I'd like to implement based on vhdl files. I'm not sure if I can use the vhdl generated by NetGen for implementation. How can I obtain a vhdl for this purpose?

Again, why? If the intent is to be able to change the module, then you're really better off writing it from scratch.

I guess the FFT has a vhdl somewhere on my disk but CoreGenerator is not making it public...

A simulation model is available but there's no synthesizable HDL source.
----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos