cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have an issue and I could not find the error can you please help me

INFO:HDLCompiler:1061 - Parsing VHDL file "M:/tutorial4/mytimer.vhd" into library work
ERROR:HDLCompiler:806 - "M:/tutorial4/mytimer.vhd" Line 60: Syntax error near "PROCESS".
ERROR:ProjectMgmt - 1 error(s) found while parsing design hierarchy.

entity mytimer is
Port ( clk : in STD_LOGIC;
reset : in STD_LOGIC;
short : out STD_LOGIC;
long : out STD_LOGIC);
end mytimer;

architecture Behavioral of mytimer is
begin
process(clk,reset)
variable longtemp : integer range 0 to 2500000;
variable shorttemp : integer range 0 to 1250000;
begin
if reset='1' then
short<='0';
long<='0';
longtemp<='0';
shorttemp<='0';
else if(clk' event and clk='1') then
if longtemp = 2500000 then
long<= 1;
if shorttemp = 1250000 then
short<= 1;
if longtemp /=2500000 and shorttemp /=125000 then
longtemp<=longtemp+1;
sorttemp<=sorttemp+1;
end if;
end if;
END PROCESS;
end architecture;

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: timer1

Jump to solution

Hi almahame@msu.edu,

Glancing the above RTL there are many things which you can try modifying (some of them I must have missed). Variables like longtemp assign 0 with :=, the sorttemp is not declared which I think should be shorttemp, need to have 'end if;' declared for every if statement used and I see short and other std_logic type would not match the 1 (which is integer). I believe this is only for simulation purpose.

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi almahame@msu.edu,

Glancing the above RTL there are many things which you can try modifying (some of them I must have missed). Variables like longtemp assign 0 with :=, the sorttemp is not declared which I think should be shorttemp, need to have 'end if;' declared for every if statement used and I see short and other std_logic type would not match the 1 (which is integer). I believe this is only for simulation purpose.

Regards,
Prathik
Please mark the appropriate post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos