Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dor3y
Visitor
Visitor

vhdl simple processor

Hi,

I would like to ask someone to take a look at my simple processor code. I previously wrote code for a processor but some components weren't working properly so I'm trying to take a different approach to it. I don't have VHDL software on my laptop so I wrote bits of it using word documents but I haven't made a top module if someone could take a look at it and tell me what area they find flawed that would be nice. thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

First off - stop using word. Its terrible for code. Use something free like notepad++ - it has VHDL syntax highlighting.

Second - is this all your work? or did you copy/paste stuff from the internet. You have two blocks using different styles - one using numeric_std and the other using functions from the non-standard std_logic_arith package.

ANd it also has syntax errors.

I suggest getting Vivado installed and writing a testbench, then you'll see if your code works or not. Asking people to comment on code in a word document a bit of a waste of everyones time.

0 Kudos
dor3y
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for your comment and I do admit that notepad should be used but forgot I had that installed but I'm more concerned about my component and if the schematic drawn will be able to implement the instruction using an 8-bit program counter as an input to a 16-bit instruction memory if you can comment on that.

The document was expected to have numerous error due to the fact that it's an idea of code, not the actual code. I know how annoying and burdensome my question is so I apologize. thank you.

0 Kudos
richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

I recommend you do the real work and come back with specific questions when you get stuck. Asking generic questions wont lead to very useful answers.