Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shubhamc
Participant
Participant

Design works in simulation but not on hardware

Hi all,

I am working on a vivado project in which I have Xilinx's IPs and also some of my HLS generated IPs and has ILA to observe the results. When I go for simulations , design produces desired result but when it comes to run on board it does not produce the same result. Here what I've observed in ILA is that before the desired data some garbage data comes on the data bus and I do not have any idea why is it happening.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

The first question will always be do you have the proper timing constraints for this design and does the design meet these constraints?

0 Kudos
dgisselq
Scholar
Scholar

@shubhamc,

At one time I tried to catalog all the reasons why a design might work in simulation but not in hardware.  I probably missed some, but perhaps the list will give you a place to start.

Dan

0 Kudos
viviany
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

What do those garbage data look like?

Can you paste a screenshot of the ILA waveform?

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
shubhamc
Participant
Participant

Hi @bruce_karaffa 

All timing constraints are met in the design.

0 Kudos
shubhamc
Participant
Participant

Hi @dgisselq 

Thanks you for sharing this. I will look into it for the solution.

0 Kudos
shubhamc
Participant
Participant

Hi @viviany 

Right now I do not have snapshot of ILA but I will share it with you but till then I can tell you that by garbage I meant to say undesired data.

Let's say we have 128 bit bus then in the starting for 3 or 4 buses thar undesired data appears and only after that the desired data comes on the bus of 128 bits.

0 Kudos
Robiwan3
Observer
Observer

Do your post-synthesis simulation results match your pre-synthesis simulation results?

0 Kudos