UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor theskyline00
Visitor

Determining Latency per Block for new user

Hello, I'm new to using FPGAs. I currently have the ISE 10.1 suite installed including System Generator, as well as the full Matlab/Simulink Suite. I'm trying to build a simple design for a Spartan3A DSP fpga. I have used an example with my Board Support Package from the board supplier (Innovative Integration X3-25M) and that works properly with the JTAG and I can run a co-sim. Now, when I try to design my own system, I run into problems with Xflow and latency issues. 

Basically, I'm trying to figure out what the latency per block is. For instance, in one example I have, a DSP48 block has a latency of 5. If that wasn't in the example, I wouldn't know how to figure that out. Is there any way that you can verify what latency you need so you can properly add your delays lines?

I have tried the "format->block display-> execution order contect indicator" in Simulink but that does not appear to work with the Xilinx blocks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor theskyline00
Visitor

Re: Determining Latency per Block for new user

Is there someone, anyone, that can give me a clue?
0 Kudos