Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy.watts
Visitor
Visitor

ISE/UCF Timing Constraints

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have shuffled things around in a previously working design and am having trouble with the following timing contraint.

NET "clk_40m" TNM_NET = "clk_40m";
 NET "clk_64m" TNM_NET = "clk_64m";

TIMESPEC TS_clk_40m_to_clk_64m = FROM "clk_40m" TO "clk_64m" TIG;

This worked fine when these timing nets were in the top level implementation file but now they are another level down the build fails.

I have tried all obvious things such as:

NET "sec_level_inst/clk_40m" TNM_NET = "clk_40m";

But I cannot get anything to work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Open Technology schematic and find out the net name which is connected to clk_40m pin of submodule. Use this new net name in the UCF.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Open Technology schematic and find out the net name which is connected to clk_40m pin of submodule. Use this new net name in the UCF.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos