UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor dbrent
Visitor

Incorrect setup/hold times in datasheet report

I recently sumitted a question regarding arcs between OBUFT and IBUF being automatically cut by Vivado in loopback paths from an IOB output register to an IOB input register.

Can-timing-paths-arcs-from-OBUFT-O-to-IBUF-I-be-enabled 

As a workaround for this issue I attempted to use setup/hold times for the IOB input registers taken from the datasheet report to create output delay constraints for the IOB output registers but I believe the IOB input register setup/hold times are incorrectly reported in the datasheet

As an example (see report excerpts below), the setup time with respect to clk_fpga_0 for the FIFOs_HFb input should be 0.948 - 2.666 = -1.718 instead of 4.648 and the hold time should be 1.566 - 0.177 = 1.389 instead of -0.844. Note that clk_fpga_0 is 100MHz and there's a multicycle 2 constraint from RCLK, a 100MHz ODDR clock output with -6ns phase shift, and clk_fpga_0.

Thanks,

Dave Brent

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor dbrent
Visitor

Re: Incorrect setup/hold times in datasheet report

Correction: The last sentence should end in "to clk_fpga_0".

0 Kudos