UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor maximecadel
Visitor

Serialisation 7:1 - HOLD VIOLATION on the RST pin with requirement 0ns

Hi guys,

I'm currently setting a serialiser module on Zynq Device - Z7045 -3 speedgrade, and I get timing error on OSERDESE2 Reset pin. 

display_schematic.JPG

The module serializes data in SDR mode 7x49.5Mhz (to 346.5Mhz).

I have used XAPP585 in SDR mode as the example:

xapp_585.png

My output clocks are generated (like the xapp585) by a MMCM (same result with a PLL), driven by BUFG for Pixel-Clock (Clock_divide-49.5Mhz) and BUFG for High-SpeedClock (SerDes clock 346.5Mhz).

The reset signal is generated by the inverted lock signal of the MMCM ,  then re-clock by the CLK_DIV signal as UG768 (the  Xilinx 7 Series FPGA Libraries Guide for HDL Designs) said:

“the user is only required to provide a reset pulse to the RST input that meets timing on the CLKDIV frequency domain (synchronous to CLKDIV).”

But i get this result after synthesis in static timing analyzes: a negative slack on hold, i get logic delay with a requirement of 0.0ns.

hold_negative_slack.JPG

If someone can help me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar muravin
Scholar

Re: Serialisation 7:1 - HOLD VIOLATION on the RST pin with requirement 0ns

Max,

If you don't care about the reset, put a set_false_path on it. This is what we do, and we don't have any complaints or issues.

BR
Vlad
Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos