UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sobel edge detection design

I want to make a sobel edge design on Pynq Z2 without the zynq proccessor system but i have timing error.

sobel.jpgconstraints3.jpgmessages1.jpg

sobel.jpg
6 Replies
Teacher drjohnsmith
Teacher

Re: sobel edge detection design

I cant read the errors very well, way to small,
but the first one seems to be about the clock circuit, and outside its valid range,

Id suggest you sort that first, and see what happens.
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

When you created the Clocking Wizard, did you enter the correct input clock period, that is the real sys_clk period?  The clock wizard will not set up a MMCM or PLL with a VCO out of range providid you give it good information.

0 Kudos

i set the board interface of clk_in1 as "sys clock", in clocking options i chose MMCM , input frequency 125MHz and output 100MHz.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

auto.giannis@gmail.com  have you solved the issue? Here is the clocking wizard configuration taken from Zybo Video Workshop-Digilent.

clocking wizard config.PNG

You also need to configure "DVI to RGB Video Decoder" as explained in Page 23. I hope it will help you!

Regards,
krishna@logictronix.com
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, i did that but the same errors occurs.

0 Kudos

I found the solution,

I had to remove the lines 187,188,189 and change the constraints names according to the design wrapper.

These are the correct archives.
sobel.jpgconstraints.jpg