UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Cannot explain non-aligned PS-PL transfer issue.

Highlighted
Visitor

Cannot explain non-aligned PS-PL transfer issue.

Dear Users,

(Ubuntu 16.06, Vivado 17.2 64-bit, ZCU102 eval board (released silicon)).

I am seeing some strange behavior when attempting to write values from the PS-PL.

The data width of the interface HPM0_FPD is set to be 64-bit, and the transfers are all of type uint64_t to a region of memory mmap'd into user space (PS running Ubuntu 14.04).

In a sequence of non-burst write transaction (AWLEN=0) to incrementing 64-bit addresses, I am seeing WSTRB alternate between 0xFF and 0x00. 16-byte aligned transfers shown as having valid data, and other transfers being invalid.

Indeed the correct data is not read from memory and passed from PS-PL when the address ends ...XX08 (data should increment by 1 every transfer).

It is as if something in the PS thinks that the data width of the bus is 128-bit, and the non 16-byte aligned transfer is invalid.

I cannot explain this behavior without concluding that something is configured somewhere to think that the bus width is 128-bits, when in fact I have set it in the block diagram to be 64-bit. The hardware knows that only 64-bit is being transferred as AWSIZE is constantly 0x3.

Can anybody theorize how I might encounter this behavior given that I am not performing a burst transfer. Should I not always be transferring valid data under these conditions?

Many thanks,

Josh

C code to produce transfers:

for(uint64_t i = 0; i < config->datacount; i++) {

*(map + offset + i) = (config->data)[i];

}

Visitor

Re: Cannot explain non-aligned PS-PL transfer issue.

Apologies, I could not embed the ILA waveform. Here it is...

ToXilinx.png