UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Independent control of QTR delays

Jump to solution

Hello

Can I increment NQTR delay independently, without incrementing PQTR delay?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Independent control of QTR delays

Jump to solution

I doubled checked and they can be independently controlled. They’re two different registers with different controls, the delays are 512 taps so you could move them apart by as much as the delay line allows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Physically they are two separate lines with separate RIU registers so I think its possible though I’m not sure I understand the use case. Why do you want to move the P & N QTR delays away from each other?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Data valid windows can be different. And clock edges can has different positions in the windows. So one QTR delay can stop during calibration, when the other QTR delay can continue to move.

PG150: "The data captured in the PQTR clock domain is transferred to the NQTR clock domain before being sent to the read FIFO and to the general interconnect clock domain. Due to this transfer of clock domains, the PQTR and NQTR clocks must be roughly 180° out of phase. This relationship between the PQTR/NQTR clock paths is set up as part of the BISC start-up routine, and thus calibration needs to maintain this relationship as part of the training (BISC_ALIGN_PQTR, BISC_ALIGN_NQTR, BISC_PQTR, BISC_NQTR)."

Thus, how far I can move apart P & N QTR delays from each other?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I doubled checked and they can be independently controlled. They’re two different registers with different controls, the delays are 512 taps so you could move them apart by as much as the delay line allows.

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Do I need to maintain any relationship between the PQTR/NQTR clock paths as pointed in PG150?

0 Kudos