UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Using RF Data Converter Eval after installing RF Analyzer

I realize these sofware utilities are new and in flux, but will ask anyway.  Has anyone tried to use the RF Data Converter Eval tool after installing RF analyzer? When doing so, and trying to "generate" signal or "acquire", I get a popup that says "ERROR: SetLocalMemSample CMD_UNDEF".  I had been successful in setting up a loopback test (via XM500 board) before installing RF analyzer, but not anymore.

I decided to go back because I was experiencing new limitations in RF analyzer that I hadn't seen in RF Data Converter, such as being forced to always download a bitstream when openning tool, inability to set  the tile clock input and Fs to the same that I could in RF data Converter, and ultimately can't get the same  loopback test running in RF analyzer.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Using RF Data Converter Eval after installing RF Analyzer

Which version of the RF tool are you seeing these issue. I just downloaded the latest and varified with my zcu111 that it works as expected. My board pre-loads a bitfile from the SD card and then once that is finished i can open up the RF analyzer just like always. I did update the SD card contents, have you done this step?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Using RF Data Converter Eval after installing RF Analyzer

I had been using I believe RF Analyzer v1.3 at the time of the question.   The question was whether installing RF Analyzer affects the install of the RF Data Converter Eval tool.  

However, it may be a moot point now as I have updated to RF Analyzer Beta 1.4 and the updated feature set and bug fixes are making it easier to use.  

I need to make some power measurements, and seem to be able to do so with BoardUI while running RF Analyzer (even though they may be competing for the port).  

0 Kudos