UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uhdsdi_gt_wrapper/GTSOUTHREFCLK1_CLK/U0/IBUF_OUT[0] is not completely routed.

Jump to solution

I use the FPGA part xczu4ev Mercury Enclustra board. And I try to use example IP design for the uhdsdi - gt and RX (receiver) system. I have the following error when I run implementation:

[Route 35-54] Net: i_design_1/design_1_i/uhdsdi_gt_wrapper/GTSOUTHREFCLK1_CLK/U0/IBUF_OUT[0] is not completely routed.

What can be the possible solution? How to debug it?

Unbenannt1.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: uhdsdi_gt_wrapper/GTSOUTHREFCLK1_CLK/U0/IBUF_OUT[0] is not completely routed.

Jump to solution

I see on this chip there is only one quad.  It is not possible to use the north/south refclk inputs.  You have a refclk from the quad you're in trying to drive a southrefclk port. 

Drive gtrefck1 with the SI5324 input as it is now and drive gtrefclk0 with the SI570 input.

On the GT common the SI570 should drive GTREFCLK00 and GTREFCLK01.

Roy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

3 Replies

Re: uhdsdi_gt_wrapper/GTSOUTHREFCLK1_CLK/U0/IBUF_OUT[0] is not completely routed.

Jump to solution

Can't say for sure what the problem is with just this information.  To use the reference clock pins to drive a recovered clock off the chip use the OBUFDS_GTE4 primitive.  It looks like you may have tried to do this with something else.  Similarly the refclk input would drive the GT  southrefclk through a IBUFDS_GTE4 primitive.  If there is only one refclk input and you will not be dynamically changing refclk's you would drive the gtrefclk0 pin and set the *refclksel to 001.  Vivado will take care of the rest.  Also these are all things normally taken care of in the example design.  Are you using the example design?

Roy

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am using the example design. While importing the design, some parts of the FPGA board did not match, and after completing the Report_ip_status, when I run implementation, this error appears. Also, I am using Vivado 2018.2

Please find the dcp file

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I see on this chip there is only one quad.  It is not possible to use the north/south refclk inputs.  You have a refclk from the quad you're in trying to drive a southrefclk port. 

Drive gtrefck1 with the SI5324 input as it is now and drive gtrefclk0 with the SI570 input.

On the GT common the SI570 should drive GTREFCLK00 and GTREFCLK01.

Roy