UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor exeless
Visitor

44bit serdes with SelectIO Wizard IP

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to connect a time-to-digital conversion device (ams TDC-GPX2) to the FPGA using the SERDES/LVDS interface. The problem is that the SelectIO component provides a maximum serialization factor of 14 at DDR, but the device provides 44 bit serialization.
Is it possible to connect multiple SelectIO to work around the issue?

I have tried also the deserialization core in XAPP1107, but it doesn't seem to work properly, even using smaller serialization factors.

Does anyone have an hint? Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: 44bit serdes with SelectIO Wizard IP

Are you using the FPGA to drive the input to the GPX2? Or read the output from it? I can't see anything about 44-bit serialization on either interface.

For driving the input, you should be fine to use a serialization factor of 2 or 4 in the hardware (reducing the on-chip clock speed to 100MHz or 50MHz, both of which are easily achievable with any modern FPGA).

For reading the output, the clock speed is only 40MHz - you can just wire that up to a shift register (no SERDES required) to get the data.

0 Kudos
Visitor exeless
Visitor

Re: 44bit serdes with SelectIO Wizard IP

You are probably referring to the TDC-GPX1. The GPX2 has 4 differential outputs with LVDS and with encoder serialized from 14 to 44 bits.

I am using the interface to both drive it, but that is done using the SPI port, and reading the output of 2 of 4 encoders.

0 Kudos