Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maju42
Adventurer
Adventurer

Controlling the BRAM voltage supply for ZCU104

Hello all,

I want to control the BRAM voltage supply for a ZCU104 board. I am currently using the Infineon USB005 dongle for this purpose. The issue is I am unable to find an independent voltage supply to the BRAM units. Even the power management section of ZCU104 evaluation guide (https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zcu104/ug1267-zcu104-eval-bd.pdf) does not list a BRAM voltage. It does have the VCCINT which can change the core voltage. Maybe I am missing something here or there is another way to do this, but how to change the VCCBRAM for ZCU104 preferably without altering the voltage supplied to LUT, DSP etc? 

Any help and suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

@maju42 

On the ZCU104, VCCINT and VCCBRAM for the XCZU7 come from the same supply.  So, you cannot change one without changing the other.

Even if you could change VCCBRAM, both VCCINT and VCCBRAM have only a small adjustment range of 0.825-0.876V (see Table 2 of DS925).

I can not think of a good reason to change VCCBRAM.  

Why do you want or think you need to change VCCBRAM?

Cheers,
Mark

0 Kudos
maju42
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks, I am just running some experiments to study the behaviour but this looks like ZCU104 specific problem since they don't have an independent voltage supply for the BRAM.

0 Kudos