Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amir.massah
Adventurer
Adventurer

DRC PORTPROP-8

Jump to solution

Hi to all,

In my design, I am getting the following error for the output LVDS ports in my design.

[DRC PORTPROP-8] Attribute value compatibility with port direction: Port clk_out_p has property DIFF_TERM_ADV set, but this property is not compatible with the port's direction (OUT).

But I did not set the DIFF_TERM_ADV attribute for the output ports. I have listed the constraints in my XDC file as:

set_property IOSTANDARD LVDS [get_ports clk_out_p]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVDS [get_ports clk_out_n]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN AB6 [get_ports clk_out_p]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN AB5 [get_ports clk_out_n]

I am using ZCU102 (ZYNQ US+) and Vivado 2018.2.

Any idea about that? 

Thank you in advance.

Amir

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @amir.massah 

I checked in my own version of Xapp1315 and I do not see this issue. If you are in Proj Nav, try Edit -> Find in Files and search for the DIFF_TERM

sandrao_1-1617961765388.png

You should be able to find all the places DIFF_TERM or DIFF_TERM_ADV get set. 

Thanks,

Sandy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub , Versal Blogs and the Versal Useful Resources .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
amir.massah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @amir.massah 

In your RTL how is the OBUFDS created?

A useful step is also to run the write_xdc command on the Synthesized Design. This will show you all the constraints in the design including the RTL based one and you can check if there is a DIFF_TERM_ADV set.

Thanks,

Sandy

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub , Versal Blogs and the Versal Useful Resources .

0 Kudos
amir.massah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @sandrao 

I instantiated the OBUFDS manually as:

OBUFDS io_clk_out (
    .I         (oserdes_out),
    .O         (clk_out_p),
    .OB        (clk_out_n));

In fact, I am using the XAPP1315 for implementing an output CameraLink interface. 

And I checked if there is a DIFF_TERM_ADV setting for the indicated output port by running DRC checking of synthesized design. It seems the attribute is set but I do not know where since I did not set it in my XDC file. 

Thank you.

Amir

0 Kudos
sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @amir.massah 

I checked in my own version of Xapp1315 and I do not see this issue. If you are in Proj Nav, try Edit -> Find in Files and search for the DIFF_TERM

sandrao_1-1617961765388.png

You should be able to find all the places DIFF_TERM or DIFF_TERM_ADV get set. 

Thanks,

Sandy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
amir.massah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Sandy @sandrao 

Thank you. I found the problem with your suggestion.

I had an unused parameter named DIFF_TERM in the top component in which the OBUFDS is instantiated. I just defined the parameter without using it at all, but it seems it was overriden. 

Anyway, thank you very much.

Amir

0 Kudos