UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor farhad_nv
Visitor

Does Kintex Ultrascale support LVDS at 3.125Gbps?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to find answer to this question, but as far as I can see, there is no such information available at the moment, and I am guessing  that the maximum datarate supported by the Kintex Ultra Scale is about the same as the maximium dataret of the DDR memory which is about 2133 for a -1 device (from the Table 23 of the datahsset Nov 14. 2014).

I don't want to use the GTX  transceivers for this (I need to interface to 32 I/Os).

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Does Kintex Ultrascale support LVDS at 3.125Gbps?

Jump to solution

Hi,

the data given for the DDR3 is for the memory interfacing with the DDR and not the normal user IO applications. For normal application at such speeds of 3.125, you need to use the GT's and there is no other option. The normal SERDES is not expected to work at such speeds even after the values are updated in table 22.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

If you want to have data at 3.125 Gbps then you need to use the GTX, this is not possible with the regular I/O.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
Visitor farhad_nv
Visitor

Jump to solution

Well that is what I was afraid of, I wonder what is the maximum differential speed that Kintex UltraScale -1 supports? Is there a way I can find that information? 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The numbers will be published in Table 22 of the Kintex UltraScale data sheet shortly and should be 1.25 Gbps for the -1 speed grade. 

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

the data given for the DDR3 is for the memory interfacing with the DDR and not the normal user IO applications. For normal application at such speeds of 3.125, you need to use the GT's and there is no other option. The normal SERDES is not expected to work at such speeds even after the values are updated in table 22.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
Highlighted
Visitor fabdolian
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, I will mark it as answered. 

0 Kudos