UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Global Clock Output pins on Zynq Ultrascale+ FPGA

Jump to solution

Hello, I am using the XCZU7EV-2FFVF1517I Zync Ultrascale+ FPGA. I am reading the Zynq UltraScale+ Device Packaging and Pinouts document to search for which pins are considered Global Clock pins. I see on page 23 is states that GC are pins connected to the Global Clock buffers and the pin is an input. I'm looking for which pins are outputs of the Global Clock buffers, or I would like to say are dedicated output pins for clocks.

Can anyon help me please?

Thank you,

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Global Clock Output pins on Zynq Ultrascale+ FPGA

Jump to solution

There are no dedicated clock outputs.  If you use an ODDR with the inputs tied 0 and 1 you will get the clock of the ODDR as an output.   You can then use the normal data pin methods to  control the skew.  

3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

There are no dedicated clock outputs.  If you use an ODDR with the inputs tied 0 and 1 you will get the clock of the ODDR as an output.   You can then use the normal data pin methods to  control the skew.  

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
Hello, thank you for responding to my message. I've seen dedicated outputs on other smaller less dense FPGA so this is a surprise not to see these outputs in the Ultrascale+ devices. Oh well, life goes on. Thank you for responding to my message. Joe
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
0 Kudos