Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel.cogan
Explorer
Explorer

LUTs per SLR

Jump to solution

Is there a document that defines how many LUTs (or other resources) per SLR in US+ devices?  Are all SLRs the same size accross devices?  Are the amount of SLLs the same across devices?

We currently are maxing out the SLLs in the xcvu-7p  so could be useful to have a device with more SLLs and/or larger SLRs. (to fit more of the design so less crossings are necessary).  But, I'm unsure if simply migrating up to the 13p would solve our problem if the 13p (with 4 regions instead of 2) has equal or smaller sized regions and equal number of SLLs.

It seems now with US+ technology, simply finding a larger device with more resources isn't sufficient anymore.  Designers must pay attention to SLR crossings if they have dense designs with a lot of interconnects.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daniel.cogan
Explorer
Explorer

I'll answer my own question.

I haven't found a chart in any document, but at least found a way to figure it out.

One way is to create a new project as an I/O Planning project, and pick the US+ of interest.  Once open, one can either use a TCL command or visually look at the device view.

In the device view, note the amount of tiles accross (Xn).  Whatever n is, multiply by 2880 to find SLLs between SLRs in that device.  For instance, the xcvu7p has 6 tiles horizontally, so has 17280 SLLs.  The xcvu11p or 13p has 8 tiles horizontally so has 23040.  The horizontal tiles correlate to clock regions.

If instead you go to the TCL console, you can type:

get_property NUM_TOP_SLLS [get_slrs SLR0]

or

get_property NUM_BOT_SLLS [get_slrs SLR0]

for any particular SLR.  However, they will be the same between every set of SLRs so you only have to get the number once.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daniel.cogan
Explorer
Explorer

I'll answer my own question.

I haven't found a chart in any document, but at least found a way to figure it out.

One way is to create a new project as an I/O Planning project, and pick the US+ of interest.  Once open, one can either use a TCL command or visually look at the device view.

In the device view, note the amount of tiles accross (Xn).  Whatever n is, multiply by 2880 to find SLLs between SLRs in that device.  For instance, the xcvu7p has 6 tiles horizontally, so has 17280 SLLs.  The xcvu11p or 13p has 8 tiles horizontally so has 23040.  The horizontal tiles correlate to clock regions.

If instead you go to the TCL console, you can type:

get_property NUM_TOP_SLLS [get_slrs SLR0]

or

get_property NUM_BOT_SLLS [get_slrs SLR0]

for any particular SLR.  However, they will be the same between every set of SLRs so you only have to get the number once.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos