Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mduprez_mutest
Observer
Observer

OSERDES3.OQ routing to Fabric

Jump to solution

Dear All,

For an instrumentation application, I am trying to have some FPGA output being driven by:

- Either an OSERDES3 output (Data rate 400Mbps, clocked by "clock_1")

- Either some other signal generated inside the Fabric, from another clock totaly asynchronuous from "clock_1"

(The switch from one to another is made out of some internal registers)

My past experience with V4, V5, V6 tells me that from the OSERDES output, I can only go to the ODELAY or to the IO. The only solution I am seing (not proven working yet) is using partial reconfiguration of the IO

I have however tried to do a small design with the above architecture (see implemented schematics below) and got the following message "dhi_sds_o Routable but not routed" with the following DRC status (impl_1_route_report_drc_0 - impl_1.rpt):

RTSTAT-1#1 Critical Warning
Unrouted nets
1 net(s) are unrouted. The problem bus(es) and/or net(s) are dhi_sds_o.
Related violations: <none>

(the dhi_sds_o net is the one in blue on the schematic)

oserdes_mux_schem.JPG

unrouted netunrouted net

My question are the following:

1) "Routable but not routed" is a soft way to tell me that I am trying to do stupid things ?

2) does the connection OSERDES3.OQ to FPGA Fabric exist ?

3) If yes, can I do the routing manually or set some variable in the project switch such that the router will accept to route the wire ?

I have attached the .v for this attempt. I was running 2019.1., target is xcku060-ffva1517. Not able to attach the project xdc, so the few constraints are at the bottom

Thanks for your clarification

Mathieu

######## Start Constraint
set_property LOC BITSLICE_RX_TX_X2Y156 [get_cells {timing_gen_osds}]
set_property LOC SLICE_X96Y181 [get_cells {output_mux}]

set_property PACKAGE_PIN P18 [get_ports dhi_p]

######## Stop Constraint

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pthakare

Hi @mduprez_mutest 

OSERDES3.OQ i.e  datapath output of OSERDESE3 can only drive ODELAYE3 or IO . There is no dedicated routing or connection from OQ back to fabric.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pthakare

Hi @mduprez_mutest 

OSERDES3.OQ i.e  datapath output of OSERDESE3 can only drive ODELAYE3 or IO . There is no dedicated routing or connection from OQ back to fabric.

Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos