Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olupj
Explorer
Explorer

RFDC ADC simulation ... issue?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Simulating the RFDC with real input and mixing to Fs/4, -Fs/4.

Here's the config depiction:

olupj_0-1597926568161.png

In simulation when I start the real stimulus, Q leads I ( 4 samples / cycle) by 4 cycles. (Not showing start of active stimulus as it's about 335 cycles leading the AXI-S output). You can see where data output goes from static to 4 samples / cycle below.

I haven't analyzed it very much yet but this is a bit surprising.

olupj_1-1597926625384.png

And, just to show how IQ maps to AXI-S:

olupj_2-1597926833069.png

Has anyone experienced something similar? Xilinx - any opinion on what I am seeing here and why?

Thanks, best,

Jerry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
olupj
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @pthakare so this might be a data - driven issue.

Resimulated yesterday, I got a 3 (12 sample) AXI-S lead on Q data vs I data.

Simulating today (modified stimulus on analog input), AXI-S I/Q data is aligned.

olupj_0-1598448056092.png

I'll test for that from this point forward (assertions)..

Thanks for the feedback.

Jerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pthakare

Hi @olupj 

Are you using example design testbench or your own testbench ?

Example design is generate using 

Configure the IP as per your requirement -> right click and open example design .

The example design detailing is here

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/usp_rf_data_converter/v2_3/pg269-rf-data-converter.pdf -> Example design section

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
olupj
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @pthakare 

That's my own testbench derived from the example testbench. I've ripped out the ADC sink to connect other DSP blocks.

As you mentioned it, I took a look at the Xilinx tb AXI-S interfaces and data does start consistently.:

olupj_0-1598367862025.png

However  I configured the system using the same calls in xilinx TB "call_setup_adc_config".

How would you recommend I pursue this? The system in the Xilinx TB and my TB are configured identically.

Thanks,

Jerry

0 Kudos
olupj
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @pthakare so this might be a data - driven issue.

Resimulated yesterday, I got a 3 (12 sample) AXI-S lead on Q data vs I data.

Simulating today (modified stimulus on analog input), AXI-S I/Q data is aligned.

olupj_0-1598448056092.png

I'll test for that from this point forward (assertions)..

Thanks for the feedback.

Jerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
olupj
Explorer
Explorer

One other aspect that may drive that lag is that, thinking it through, using the coarse mixer the lag of 15 zeros (not 14 necessarily) might be reasonable given a 59 tap filter and using a DSP trick whereas the Q rail only sees the center tap and therefore has a half-filter lag. This doesn't explain the lag I see exactly, however, with FIR2 in the system.

0 Kudos