Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhiha
Visitor
Visitor

RFDC reference clock in zcu111

Jump to solution

I currently have an RF front-end. The RF front-end needs a reference clock that is synchronized with the reference clock provided to RFDC in the ZCU111 I am currently using. I am still not sure what to do. Can you give me some suggestions? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tenzinc

OK, It's not easy to give suggestions when there is very little detail in regards to what you have and what you are trying to do as your goal. In any case I would start with getting acquainted with what the ZCU111 offers in terms of on board clock selection. Check the board user guide's RF data converter clocking section and see if your front end can synchronize to any of the those available as reference clocks. Then go into Vivado, select the ZCU111 board as your platform and open the RF data converter IP and see what your system clocking configurations are available to you and select one that best fits what you need for your design. Generate an example design with the IP example design generator as proof of working base test design. Then you can go from there. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zcu111/ug1271-zcu111-eval-bd.pdf

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Get started FAST with our UltraFAST design methodoly guides and don't forget to visit our Xilinx Design Hubs for additional resources and reference.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tenzinc

OK, It's not easy to give suggestions when there is very little detail in regards to what you have and what you are trying to do as your goal. In any case I would start with getting acquainted with what the ZCU111 offers in terms of on board clock selection. Check the board user guide's RF data converter clocking section and see if your front end can synchronize to any of the those available as reference clocks. Then go into Vivado, select the ZCU111 board as your platform and open the RF data converter IP and see what your system clocking configurations are available to you and select one that best fits what you need for your design. Generate an example design with the IP example design generator as proof of working base test design. Then you can go from there. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zcu111/ug1271-zcu111-eval-bd.pdf

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Get started FAST with our UltraFAST design methodoly guides and don't forget to visit our Xilinx Design Hubs for additional resources and reference.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos