Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

RevisionStack ERROR: vlib_init failed

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just tried the Xilinx RevisionStack OpticalFlow demo on ZCU102 board. I configured the board and copy the related files into SD card according to the start guide in this url:http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/reVISION+Getting+Started+Guide. Everything seems fine until i run the op2.elf program, i got the following error:

ERROR: vlib_init failed

I was trying to figure out why this happened, so i try to access the src code, then i found the Xilinx only provided a library, so it is impossible to figure out what might go wrong.  So can you guys offer any technical guide or clue on what might be wrong?

Any useful information will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

I've made some progress, and I think the issue I had at least was due to the video output, mostly. When I connected HDMI output to a monitor, and ran the full command:

of2.elf -s 1 -m 2 -d 1

the demo worked. I think unless you have a Displayport cable/monitor hooked up, the of2.elf command will fail with the vlib_init error. I also realized that a Displayport/DVI adapter (to DVI-D port on my monitor) does not seem to work either--I needed a pure Displayport cable to my monitor for the Displayport output to work properly.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted

Hi, i have the same problem. when you check the boot log, you can find "xilin-drm amba: xilinx_drm: No connectors reported connected with modes", so cannot find any crtc or sizes. But when you use the board version of "REVISION 1.0", the demo is valid and works well. The version of "REVSION RevC.1" will encounter with the problem of "vlib_init failed". Board version is different.

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
The revision demos only support board rev 1.0 or later.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

I'm getting this same error (vlib_init failed) for both examples (of2.elf and stv.elf). I copied the SD card files from the zcu102-es2-reVISION-2017-1.zip file for my EK-U1-ZCU102-ES2-G board. The board revision is 1.0, so as far as I can tell, this should be compatible. Any suggestions why this isn't working?

Hugh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

My board version number is 0431959-03-1651, i checked it out, this  seemed to be  ZCU102 revison 1.2.

So it should be supported. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

@bwiec

Hi,My board version number is 0431959-03-1651, i checked it out, this  seemed to be  ZCU102 revison 1.2.

So it should be supported. Any idea why it is not working?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

I've made some progress, and I think the issue I had at least was due to the video output, mostly. When I connected HDMI output to a monitor, and ran the full command:

of2.elf -s 1 -m 2 -d 1

the demo worked. I think unless you have a Displayport cable/monitor hooked up, the of2.elf command will fail with the vlib_init error. I also realized that a Displayport/DVI adapter (to DVI-D port on my monitor) does not seem to work either--I needed a pure Displayport cable to my monitor for the Displayport output to work properly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Observer
Observer
Thanks a lot. I solve the problem by your approach.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi

Can you help. I'm trying to combined the revision stack with CHaiDNN 

AXI ports in the PL to adapt to the NN.

As far as I can see, the NN uses the AXI to stream to BRAM. The custom platform for revision stack uses the same AXI ports for the HDMI.

There are 2 ports that are not currently enabled, which I could try and enable.

I’m not sure why it reports that M_AXI_GP is missing, unless this is just a misleading error message.

Modifying the custom platform

So I’ve tried to modify the custom platform, but so far I’ve failed as I’m missing the IP block for ‘hdmi_hb_rx’. Do you know where I can find a copy? (Hdmi_hb_rx - IP definition not found).

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @vandenplas

Please make sure to add the <your_platform>.dsa IPs in the Vivado IP repository first, it work in that way.

See my last post in: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/SDSoC-Environment-and-reVISION/Integration-error-while-building-CHaiDNN-from-source/m-p/859894#M2227

0 Kudos