cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant
Participant

Supply Voltage

Jump to solution

I am doing a design with the ZYNQ Ultra-Scale.

While I am using a lot of the FPGA, I am not using many I/O

The analog part of my design is all 3.3V which I want to connect to bank 26

The banks 64-66 are all limited to 1.8V... I do not need them.

Do I still have to connect 1.8V to these banks to avoid latchup or can I ignore them?

The documentation is rather specific about the power sequencing...

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

During the schematic design XTP427 "Ultrascale plus schematic review checklist" Excel document is very useful reference. It has instructions also for this case.

VCCO of unused I/O banksFor maximum ESD protection in an unused bank, all VCCO and I/O pins in that bank should be connected together to the same potential, whether that be ground, a valid VCCO voltage, or a floating plane. If you plan on migration, connect the unbonded I/O banks to the appropriate VCCO supplies. Make sure the voltage limits are followed for the HD and HP I/O's.

--Kim

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

During the schematic design XTP427 "Ultrascale plus schematic review checklist" Excel document is very useful reference. It has instructions also for this case.

VCCO of unused I/O banksFor maximum ESD protection in an unused bank, all VCCO and I/O pins in that bank should be connected together to the same potential, whether that be ground, a valid VCCO voltage, or a floating plane. If you plan on migration, connect the unbonded I/O banks to the appropriate VCCO supplies. Make sure the voltage limits are followed for the HD and HP I/O's.

--Kim

View solution in original post

Participant
Participant

Kenkovaa

You are saying, that I can connect the unused bank (in my case the bank which is limited to 1.8V) simply to ground (0V)

this is connecting VCCO and all I/O pins to ground and NOTHING bad will happen ?

Hope you are right, because this is difficult to change once the PCB is done.

I wanted an answer from a Xilinx Engineer to make sure, but nothing.

You maybe correct, because the power up sequence states that the VCCO voltages are the last ones to be applied.

Then for a very brief moment the VCCO is actually zero

Alternatively I could add a 1.8V PS which does nothing.

AJS

0 Kudos

@annosauer1 The document @kenkovaa quoted his response from is a Xilinx document :) 

Do also use UG583 while designing your board. UG583 defines the below for Unused Banks (Unconnected VCCO) which is similar to the one mentioned in XTP427 quoted above

vcco_unconnected.JPG

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Participant
Participant

Neither UG583, DS925 or UG1085 (TRM) say specifically

but I think for the JTAG to work, the PL (1.85V) needs to be present.

This means I have to supply all power rails, even when I only use Bank26 and the MIO.

AJS

0 Kudos