cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra96 UltraScale+ How Can I connect the LED pin (PS MIO 20) On The Block Diagram. Because I can not access this pin after elaborated design via package. The Bank 500 is not accessible.

Because I can not access this pin after elaborated design via package. The Bank 500 is not accessible. All I want to my blinky module (which makes blink process) lights up the LED0 on the board.

1.PNG
2.PNG
0 Kudos
4 Replies

It looks to me like you are trying to assign GPIOs to bank500 but then you are also connecting the LED output to some PL logic. 

So which is it? Do you need to blink a LED connected to an output in MIO bank 500 via your SW application?

Do you want the SW application to drive the PL IO? In this case the gpio peripheral must connect to the PL IO via EMIO. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

First of all thanks for your reply;

The Zynq Module generates the 100 MHz clock for me, clocking wizard slows that clock down, blinky module gets the clock and processes. After process complete it just changes the current state of output led. 

What am I trying to do is; I have done the block diagram and created a port which is LED. After the elaborated design is completed, I was planning to assign this port to AB4 (MIO 20). But it is unaccesable and I can not access to PSS Banks. So; then I went to the settings of the ZYNQ Ultrascale+ module (block design). Opened up the GPIO0 which includes MIO 20. After I said "OK" nothing changed on the block diagram of zynq. 

Now; I want to delete the LED port. And directly connect the output of blinky to the Zynq GPIO. 

People mention that you can do it with EMIO, but I can not assign a specific pin to EMIO. At the last case I have made the block design like the attached figure. But this is just my theory.

Thank you. 

3.PNG
0 Kudos

Why not connect the LED port to an LED on the PL side.  Bank 44 has 8 LEDs connected.

0 Kudos

First of all there is no Bank 44. I am using Ultra96 board as I mentioned. And Ultra96 board has just 4 user defined leds which are all assigned to PS Bank 500. This might be useful

http://zedboard.org/sites/default/files/documentations/Ultra96-HW-User-Guide-rev-1-0-V1_1.pdf

0 Kudos