cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryukich

VCCAUX_IO unpowered on Zynq RFSoC

Jump to solution

If I have a SERDES+PS-IO only design for a Zynq US+/RFSoC, is it possible to leave VCCAUX_IO unpowered / 0V?  (I realize this may have ESD implications, but if I'm planning on floating the IO backs and just using GTs and PSIO, will I damage or otherwise cause problems).

My initial understanding is that this is OK (as long as VCCO is also 0V and I ensure that I do not accidentally backpower through the IO pins).  Am I correct in this assumption?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gnarahar

@ryukich  DS926 Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC Data Sheet mentions "VCCAUX_IO must be connected to VCCAUX" under Table 1 and Table 2. I believe you are powering the VCCAUX which is needed since it powers some of the internal circuitry and so do tie VCCAUX_IO to VCCAUX as per recommendation.

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gnarahar

@ryukich  DS926 Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC Data Sheet mentions "VCCAUX_IO must be connected to VCCAUX" under Table 1 and Table 2. I believe you are powering the VCCAUX which is needed since it powers some of the internal circuitry and so do tie VCCAUX_IO to VCCAUX as per recommendation.

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos