Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webstar_2002
Observer
Observer

Vivado only placing in one SLR?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am migrating a desing from Kintex to Kintex Ultrascale because it needs more logic resources than available. I am migrating from Kintex 480 to Kintex Ultrascale 085.

The migration of the project is done now, it is also possible to synthesize and do implementation. Problem is, Vivado is only using one SLR (SLR0). Why is that so? I thought the distribution of the logic including inter-SLR communication is done automatically? Otherwise the big 3D ICs are actually not as useful as the marketing says...

BR, Markus

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @webstar_2002

Do you have congestion issue due to this? The placer might be packing the design in to one SLR inorder to be able to meet timing constraints.

If you would like to spread the logic you can use pblocks or directives like spreadlogic_high

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @webstar_2002

Do you have congestion issue due to this? The placer might be packing the design in to one SLR inorder to be able to meet timing constraints.

If you would like to spread the logic you can use pblocks or directives like spreadlogic_high

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
webstar_2002
Observer
Observer

Hi Deepika,

it seems so, at least with pblocks it works now. Still I found it quite curious that the placer actually tried to place it all in that tiny space thinking that it would help...

Thanks for your answer!

0 Kudos