UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor vttmw93
Visitor

What VCCO voltage to use for Zynq HD IO Banks in order to support LVPECL global clock input?

We are designing a board with a Zynq US+ MPSoC.  I would like to use the LVPECL IO standard to receive a differential LVPECL clock at an HD IO bank global clock input.  What VCCO voltage can I use to power the HD IO bank and still support the LVPECL IO standard?  UG571 Chapter 3 indicates that HD IO Banks support LVPECL inputs, but there is no mention of the required VCCO voltage.

Also I notice that the Zynq DS925 Table 17 includes LVPECL input voltage specs.  I assume these apply to the HD IO banks (since the HP IO banks do not support LVPECL)?  Are the Table 17 LVPECL input voltage specs VICM and VID independent of IO bank VCCO voltage?  

Thanks, Ted    

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: What VCCO voltage to use for Zynq HD IO Banks in order to support LVPECL global clock input?

Hi @vttmw93,

Yes, for LVPECL table 17 applys to HD bank, and the Vcco can be any specified in table 2, ds925. But need to make sure VIN is within the spec(-0.2,Vcco+0.2) in table 2,

Thanks
Simon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor vttmw93
Visitor

回复: What VCCO voltage to use for Zynq HD IO Banks in order to support LVPECL global clock input?

Thank you very much Simon.

-Ted 

0 Kudos