cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What is the maximum frequency we can have for our design on xillinx fpga's ?

Hi,

I have a requirement of 900Mhz clock is this possible on fpga's ? My design currently suts on ZCU 102

Thanks,
Anjaneyulu

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

@anjaneyulu.challa9,

Check the following forum discussion: 

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Maximum-frequency-of-Device/td-p/697099

Please create a design and see the maximum operating frequency of the design from timing analysis. 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted

The data sheet indicates that the Fmax for a global clock tree or DSP slice is 891MHz for a -3 part running at 0.9V.  For a ZCU-102, I think it is a -2 part at 0.85V.  This has an Fmax of 775MHz..  If your clock requirement is for anything in the FPGA fabric, and not just a gigabit transceiver, you should re-think the design. 

Highlighted

If your clock requirement is for anything in the FPGA fabric, and not just a gigabit transceiver, you should re-think the design

Sorry I did'nt get that
0 Kudos