Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

ZCU1275 MTS reference design "ERROR: MultiConverter_Sync 64"

Jump to solution

Hello,

I tried to implement the ZCU1275 MTS reference design by following the "ZCU1275/ZCU1285 RFSoC 16X16 MTS Design Getting Started Guide" but when I run the "rftool-mts" program, and select a mode the following error happens:

error64.PNG

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: ZCU1275 MTS reference design "ERROR: MultiConverter_Sync 64"

Jump to solution

In the Petalinux project, before building the Linux, edit the file ./project-spec/meta-user/recipes-apps/rftool-mts/files/rftool-mts.h and change the value of the macro MTS_MASK. Each bit of the mask correspond to a tile for both ADC and DAC. If MTS_MASK is set to 0xF all ADC and DAC tiles are used. If set to 0x3 only ADC tiles 0 and 1 and DAC tiles 0 and 1 are used.

If you have only connected two Bullseye on connectors J124 and J129 you need to set MTS_MASK to 0x3.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Jump to solution

Do you see any flags being asserted? Fifo overflow / underflow? Did you follow the example design exactly, or did you make any modifications to the clocking? In the past i have seen this error when our MTS clocking guidelines were not followed. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

I have found the problem. By printing the metal log I saw that tiles 2 and 3 of ADC and DAC were at the origin of the error. Indeed since only 2 bullseye cable were included in the kit, I couldn't connect these tiles to the clock.

I solved the problem by modifying the rftool-mts source code to ignore theses tiles.

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

We are experiencing the same issues. Could you please provide some more info on the changes you made to the source code? (screenshots, line numbers, etc.) When you fixed it did it work with just the two bullseye connectors or did you have to connect all 4?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

In the Petalinux project, before building the Linux, edit the file ./project-spec/meta-user/recipes-apps/rftool-mts/files/rftool-mts.h and change the value of the macro MTS_MASK. Each bit of the mask correspond to a tile for both ADC and DAC. If MTS_MASK is set to 0xF all ADC and DAC tiles are used. If set to 0x3 only ADC tiles 0 and 1 and DAC tiles 0 and 1 are used.

If you have only connected two Bullseye on connectors J124 and J129 you need to set MTS_MASK to 0x3.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

What clocking frequencies did you use? I have used 245.76 MHz for PLL_A as stated in the tutorial and still get the error, even with the MTS_MASK change. I also tried manually setting PLL_B to 245.76 MHz but still get a MultiConverter_Sync 64 error. The only thing that has gotten rid of the error is setting PLL_B to 200.00 MHz and keeping PLL_A at 245.76 MHz, however, when doing this the output of the .csv file is incorrect. Did you experience anything like this?

0 Kudos