Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
di9876
Visitor
Visitor

3G-SDI CAMERA to HDMI out in KCU105

Hi,

I am using KCU105 and 12G SDI FMC card.  

What is the recommended IPs to connect SDI Rx to external HDMI on kcu105? 

First of all, it is important to note that I was able to activate the screen with an HDMI connection,everything works well and the test pattern generator transmit the appropirate pattern, here is the block diagram I made to enable HDMI:

fig 1fig 1

Now what I have left is to take the 3G/SDI camera broadcast (which is connected with the BNC cable to the FMC card) and from there take the signal instead (or in addition) to the TPG.

I looked at a ref design :https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1290-smpte-3gsdi-kintex-us-gth.pdf

But it's a little bit different because they sent the SDI signal out through the FMC(Page 33)
the signal output I want it to be HDMI and connect it to my existing project

Is there a simpler path from SDI to HDMI?  

Thanks in  advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
di9876
Visitor
Visitor

help

0 Kudos
florentw

Hi @di9876 

You need to use the xapp1290 as reference at least for your SDI input.

This will use the UHD-SDI IP. You will need to create a bridge to convert from SDI video to Native video (then no need for the AXI4Stream to Video out bridge) to output the video to the ADV7511.

Note 1: that Xilinx had an IP to do the bridge from SDI to Native video but this has been discontinued. You can try to request the unsupported RTL version of the bridge through the product page but this would need approval from Marketing. You might need to get your FAE involved:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/sdi_video_bridge.html

Note 2: On Ultrascale+, there is the UHD-SDI RX Subsystem which can output to Navie video or AXI4-Stream but this IP is not supported on Ultrascale so you will not be able to use in on the KCU105

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**