Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

About reset for system generator ?

Jump to solution

Hi,all

I built a block by using systemgenerator, while it's a subsystem of my project.  And I found out that the block should work when an enable signal depended on the design is given. So an enable signal should be used to control the working state  of  the block. Does systemgenerator have this function, and how to implement it, and  can systemgenerator offer a reset signal for the block  generated.

Note, there are two signals ce and ce_clr. It seems both of them only have something to do with sampling time of input signals, and they don't control the state of other components in the block.

Did anyone ever meet this problem, or, any suggestions? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: About reset for system generator ?

Jump to solution

No, you can't set a global reset for the block if that reset signal is not already connected to the rst input on individual sub-blocks in your block.

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Most if not all of sysgen blocks have optional rst and en inputs. You need to open the properties window of a block and check the boxes for rst and en. As an example, the snapshot below is for "Register" block:

Cheers,
Jim
ScreenHunter_027.gif
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks Jim for the reply. What I really want to know is after I finished a big block, Can I set a global reset for this block ? And in the block,  the reset or enable optional ports of some basic components like counter, register, etc, have been used to my control my design.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

No, you can't set a global reset for the block if that reset signal is not already connected to the rst input on individual sub-blocks in your block.

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos