cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krunal_h_bhavsar
Participant
Participant

Communication of Spartan 3E starter kit with PC.

Hi. I want a PC communication with Spartan 3E starter kit. I have develop my algorithm and it works perfectly. I have developed this in Sysgen. I want to take data in my PC. So any one can suggest how to communicate it. Is any one having the verilog or VHDL code for it.

Thank you,

Krunal

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeffreyh
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Take a look at the section titled "Supporting New Platforms through JTAG Hardware Co-Simulation" in the System Generator for DSP user guide. 

You'll find it under "Using Hardware Co-Simulation". 

0 Kudos
krunal_h_bhavsar
Participant
Participant

Thank you for your reply.

I know about Hardware co-simulation. But I have used DAC, DC motor and encoder with the FPGA kit. So I think it is not possible to co-simulate it......So first I generate bitstream and then download it and the things are works properly but I want the encoder pulses and DAC output comparision thats why I need the PC communication.

Thank you once again......and I am waiting for more reply.

0 Kudos
rjduran
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Are you talking about trying to capture the encoder pulses and DAC output from your design back into your computer?

Maybe you can look at doing something with the serial port?

Not really sure I understand the full setup.  

RJ Duran
Customer Application Engineer
Technical Support: http://www.xilinx.com/support
Xilinx User Community: http://forums.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
krunal_h_bhavsar
Participant
Participant

Thank you for your reply..

It is the same as exactly you say... I am counting the encoder pulses and control the DAC according to the encoder. I want to get the DAC count into computer to develop a graph.

0 Kudos