Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giampybg
Visitor
Visitor

FMC ZCU102 CameraLink

Hi,
I have a ZCU102 DemoBoard, an FMC-CameraLink board from AlphaData that converts SDR connector to FMC and a Tamarisk 640 camera.
From the datasheet of the camera, LVDS interface has 2.5V output with VOHmin = 2.1V @ IOH = -1mA and VOLmax = 0.4V @ IOL = -1mA.
SDRtoFMC board converter uses LA_xx FMC pins that are identified as LVCMOS18 on ZCU102 User Guide (UG1182) (they are an HP I/O).
Can I connect camera to SDR-FMC board and than to ZCU102?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

Do you have a link to that data sheet?  The Camera Link spec. uses standard LVDS signalling, which should have a common mode voltage of around 1.2V and no more than 400 mV of swing into 100 Ohm differential termination.  The VOHmin and VOLmax values you posted look like they are related to a single-ended LVCMOS output rather than LVDS.  The manual I found on the web says:

"This configuration provides digital outputs in the form of 8-bit or 14-bit parallel digital video (LVCMOS UART), 8-bit or 14-bit Camera Link® video"

I'm wondering if you got your spec from the parallel digital version?

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
giampybg
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for you reply. Yes, camera have both interfaces: parallel output and camera link output. Attacked the datasheet and you can see on pag.9 the voltage levels of lvds.

Thanks

0 Kudos
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

It still doesn't look right.  If it's not a typo (possibly left over from the parallel version) then it's not really Camera Link compliant.  I would contact the manufacturer to see if this is really a typo or if they are using unusual voltage levels on their "Camera Link" interface.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
giampybg
Visitor
Visitor

I have written to ask information on Camera output too

0 Kudos
frederickw
Visitor
Visitor

If it's worth anything, the CameraLink output on this camera does work through the frame grabbers I've used. You'll get CameraLink and/or parallel data (Two different video channels).

0 Kudos