Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

HDMI YUV 4:2:0 Support

Jump to solution

Hi,
I read the product guide of HDMI Transmitter and Receiver Subsystem (pg235, pg236), if I've a YUV 4:2:0 input video signal I understand that this data format is not compliant to the AXI4-Stream but in both documents (page 39, 40) there's the same sentence:

"Therefore, a remapping feature is added to HDMI 1.4/2.0 Transmitter Subsystem to convert HDMI native video into AXI4-Stream video."

Is this a mistake? Both documents talk about the transmitter subsystem, but if I've a YUV 4:2:0 input, the output of the receiver subsystem follow the description of figure 3-9 (pg236 page 40)?

If previous is true, next question is, suppose to have a YUV 4:2:0 input and want to send it to the output, supposing to have a buffer (VDMA) between the two subsystems, if the data have the same format as YUV 4:2:2 I just need to setup the HDMI output to YUV 4:2:0? The transmitter subsystem add proper subsampling?

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: HDMI YUV 4:2:0 Support

Jump to solution

Hi @auricm

Thanks for reporting the issue related to "Therefore, a remapping feature is added to HDMI 1.4/2.0 Transmitter Subsystem to convert HDMI native video into AXI4-Stream video."

There is a problem with PG236 April 4, 2018 : some sections are for HDMI TX Subsystem, not for HDMI RX Subsystem.

Please refer to PG236 December 20, 2017, https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/v_hdmi_rx_ss/v3_0/pg236-v-hdmi-rx-ss.pdf

It describes as "

Therefore, a remapping feature is added to HDMI 1.4/2.0 Receiver Subsystem to convert AXI4-Stream video into HDMI native video."

I will file a change request to report this problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: HDMI YUV 4:2:0 Support

Jump to solution

Hi @auricm

Thanks for reporting the issue related to "Therefore, a remapping feature is added to HDMI 1.4/2.0 Transmitter Subsystem to convert HDMI native video into AXI4-Stream video."

There is a problem with PG236 April 4, 2018 : some sections are for HDMI TX Subsystem, not for HDMI RX Subsystem.

Please refer to PG236 December 20, 2017, https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/v_hdmi_rx_ss/v3_0/pg236-v-hdmi-rx-ss.pdf

It describes as "

Therefore, a remapping feature is added to HDMI 1.4/2.0 Receiver Subsystem to convert AXI4-Stream video into HDMI native video."

I will file a change request to report this problem.

View solution in original post