Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How to output different line rate with MIPI TX-DPHY

Jump to solution

I'm developing a DSI design with K7 device. To verify different DSI display, my design needs to support generating DSI stream with different line rate. But the TX-DPHY IP seems only support fixed line rate.

As far as I know, the MIPI DPHY IP cannot support dynamic line rate change, as mentioned in another topic of "MIPI D-PHY CSI-2 receiver change line rate".

What should I do? Is there any alternative solution for this requirement?

Best regards.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @bihuf

1. Yes, your understanding is correct. Unfortunately Xilinx MIPI D-PHY does not support  dynamic line rate change.

2. If you are planning to use Xilinx DSI TX Subsystem , your use-case is not supported.

Thanks
Leo

Note : 

We do have a customer who use MIPI D-PHY TX  with dynamic line rate change.

They generated all MIPI D-PHY TX IP with Shared logic in Example Design, and design a custom shared logic.

It is possible because they are using their own CSI-2 TX controller, and building a custom shared logic by themselves.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @bihuf

1. Yes, your understanding is correct. Unfortunately Xilinx MIPI D-PHY does not support  dynamic line rate change.

2. If you are planning to use Xilinx DSI TX Subsystem , your use-case is not supported.

Thanks
Leo

Note : 

We do have a customer who use MIPI D-PHY TX  with dynamic line rate change.

They generated all MIPI D-PHY TX IP with Shared logic in Example Design, and design a custom shared logic.

It is possible because they are using their own CSI-2 TX controller, and building a custom shared logic by themselves.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi, Leo

Thanks for your answer. Very helpful for my design.

To customize the shared logic, I need to confirm the difference between two TX-DPHY IPs with different line rates is only different MMCM configuration. And the successful customer case is much persuadable.

Thanks,

wenyong