cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to transfer out the data from zedboard through HDMI port?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi there,

You can start looking at PG235 - HDMI 1.4/2.0 Transmitter Subsystem v3.1 Product Guide (v3.1)  , Chappter 6 Example design.
You are needed to modify the example design pin assignment for your zed board. 

Best regards. 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

tidkepradeep@gmail.com,

What you must need is a HDMI pattern generator inside the FPGA logic. The other part would be to connect the FPGA pins to the on-board HDMI port so transfer out the signal.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

Highlighted

HI tidkepradeep@gmail.com 

The answer from @yuko.2828  does not take in account that the HDMI connector of the Zebboard is using the ADV7511 chip and is not connected to the Gigabit Tranceivers directly.

I wrote some articles on how to use the ADV7511. This is on ZC702 so you will have to adapt it for the Zedboard (i.e. do not try to run it directly with no modification as it will not work). 

I already provided guidance on the forums on how to move it to zedboard so just search for previous topics and you will have what you need.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Highlighted

Please provide verilog code to display data on screen using hdmi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi tidkepradeep@gmail.com 

I don't have it.

This is my video series based on the ZC702:

Video Series 19: Using the On-Board HDMI on ZC702 (Vivado design)

Video Series 20: Starting with SDK and configuring the ADV7511

Video Series 21: TPG Application on ZC702

You can try to port it to Zedboard

Florent
Highlighted

PFA. Please let me know whether this IP supports zedboard or not.

2.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi tidkepradeep@gmail.com 

No. The part of the zedboard does not have any gigabit tranceivers. The on-board HDMI on the zebdoard is using an ADV7511.

Even if you cannot build the project, you might want to read and understand the article I have written. Because the design will not work on the zedboard directly. So if you want to make it work you will have to understand how it is working

Florent
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hello tidkepradeep@gmail.com , you can use "Zedboard HDMI IP" from the reference design which is available at Zedboard.org: Zedboard HDMI Display Controller Tutorial for Vivado using Xilinx VIPP. This reference design uses HDMI IP and AXI IIC for configuring ADV7511 as shown below:

ZedBoard_HDMI_IP.PNG
We also have short video explanation on "ZedBoard HDMI with TPG and Video Mixer", the connection diagram of video explanation is as here:

zedboard HDMI 2 TPG.png

Regards,
krishna@logictronix.com
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi tidkepradeep@gmail.com ,

In order to work with zed board HMDI, there are two choices. Using FMC  and On board HDMI.
In the case of on board HDMI, we need to concern about ADV7511 Chip.
Yeah, both ZC702 and Zedboard have this chip.

For the good starting, you can follow the video series as @florentw  says. But Onboard HDMI of Zedboard does not simply work, for example, connecting the video lines from AXI4S-to-Video-Out IP to ADV7511 video interface does not work.
But the fact is, until we configure the ADV7511 chip, HDMI does not work anymore.
To configure this chip, we have to enable IIC interface on the Zynq Processing System. However, we must know that the connection of ADV7511 chip with Zedboard Zynq PS is different than that of ZC702. Therefore, in case of Zedboard, we need AXI IIC IP in the BD, by which ADV7511 chip can be programmed from SDK.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos