cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ISE 14.7 support with Simulink HDL Coder (MATLAB R2013b)

Hello all,

I'm new to Xilinx boards and tools in general, learning my way around them. I'm trying to follow through one of the tutorials where Simulink is used to generate an IP core for the Zedboard, which I can then use in a design for programming the board. However, when the project file has to be created, Simulink fails, stating that it's unable to load a reference design plugin for ISE 14.7.

I'm not sure if I've configured something wrongly, or ISE14.7 is simply not supported by MATLAB R2013b?

This is the tutorial I'm following:

http://www.mathworks.com/help/hdlcoder/examples/getting-started-with-hw-sw-co-design-workflow-for-xilinx-zynq-platform-1.html

It fails at Step 1 of "Integrate the IP core with the Xilinx EDK environment", about halfway down the page.

Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Matlab R2013b supports ISE 14.7

Please refer AR17966 http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/17966.html

Do you see the plugins for the board in your install path?

As the link refers to Matlab site better to contact Mathworks for more inputs.

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Vanitha, can you pls be more specific? The link did not help me.

When I follow the HDL workflow advisor step, under "embedded System Integration"  in the "create project" option, the associated window shows the "Refrence design" field blank.  In the Matlab tutortial video, this filed shows "Default Sytem (ISE 14.4)". How do we configure the tool to have the tool option appear in this filed?

Appreciate your help.

Thx

Lalan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

AR-17966 is for your Question1 - ISE14.7 is simply not supported by MATLAB R2013b?

For your tutorial question  fails at Step 1.. please post the issue in Mathworks site as well, may be they have known issues which they can point you quickly..

HDL coder is Mathworks tool and the tutorial is also given by Mathworks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted

May be it's due to configuration of matlab & sysgen. Try "system generator matlab configurator".

Hemanth
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Were you able to resolve this issue? I have the same problem.

Thanks, Grant

0 Kudos