cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MIPI CSI-2 on Zedboard?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a Zedboard with a FMC-105-DEBUG board. I would like to process MIPI CSI-2 data of a low-resolution camera over this setup and was wondering how (or if) this can be done?

Xilinx is offering the "MIPI CSI Controller Subsystem" , but the page says that the board needs Xilinx UltraScale+ which the Zedboard does not seem to have. Can this still be done or is there another way?

Thank you for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi arasch.lagies@ams.com,

You can use the MIPI CSI2 Subsystem IPs (RX/TX) however you need an external phy (while the US+ devices have an integrated D-PHY termination) as per the MIPI CSI controller subsystems page you are referring:

"Xilinx 7-series devices require external D-PHY bridges or passive components to implement D-PHY layer".

For more information about the D-PHY solutions on 7-series, please refer to xapp894. We recommend to use a resistor network or an external PHY (meticom). So I am not sure you will be able to use directly the  FMC-105-DEBUG board.

Hope that helps,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi arasch.lagies@ams.com,

You can use the MIPI CSI2 Subsystem IPs (RX/TX) however you need an external phy (while the US+ devices have an integrated D-PHY termination) as per the MIPI CSI controller subsystems page you are referring:

"Xilinx 7-series devices require external D-PHY bridges or passive components to implement D-PHY layer".

For more information about the D-PHY solutions on 7-series, please refer to xapp894. We recommend to use a resistor network or an external PHY (meticom). So I am not sure you will be able to use directly the  FMC-105-DEBUG board.

Hope that helps,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for your suggestion, @florentw

0 Kudos