Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

MIPI csi-2 rx tuser[0] not toggling at FS

Jump to solution

I am using vivado 2019.2 and using mipi csi rx IP to capture frames from mipi camera. Pipeline is simple mipi csi rx -> frame buffer write.  I am unable to capture the frames so i probed video out from mipi with system ILA, I do not see the tuser[0] bit toggling at the frame start. All the other buses looks fine. Have anyone run into such problem? Any idea what could be causing such issue?  I have attached the screenshot of the ILA out and csv file for the stream. 

Tags (2)
streamCapture.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for the suggestion. After doing the patch I was able to see the tlast bit toggling. There was an additional problem with the documentation with the camera. After setting the PLL multiplier half of the documented value, I was able to capture the frame from the camera. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @dhakalb 

MIPI CSI-2 RX subsystem has a few known issues in 2019.2 version.
Have you apply the IP patch from : https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/73100.html ?

If you haven't, please apply the patch and re-do the test.

Regards
Leo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for the suggestion. After doing the patch I was able to see the tlast bit toggling. There was an additional problem with the documentation with the camera. After setting the PLL multiplier half of the documented value, I was able to capture the frame from the camera. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post