Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikhil_Thapa
Explorer
Explorer

Problem to get FMC to MIPI CSI-2 TX module

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am working on a design to create a camera interface between the FPGA board and another system (let's say, RX system), which has a MIPI CSI-2 RX interface. Instead of using a real camera, I am using is KC705 to emulate a camera sensor. That's why I have used MIPI CSI-2 TX Subsystem in the block design.

To convey the signal from FPGA board to the RX system, I have to use FMC to MIPI CSI-2 TX module. But it seems that I am not getting such a module. Could anybody recommend that, is there any FMC to MIPI CSI-2 TX module? Or, Does anybody have got a better way to transport the MIPI CSI-2 TX signal from FPGA using FMC? 

Thanks and Regards,

nikhil@logictronix.com
:::::Do not forget to Accept as solution, give Kudo and Share a post that you think is helpful:::::
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nikhil_Thapa
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @watari, many thanks for the reply and link you provided. 

Once I also had checked and tried to use such Meticom IC to get out MIPI CSI-2 TX signal, but it did not fulfill the design requirement. So, I came to use FMC to MIPI CSI-2 Transmitter Converter module.  Looks like there are no such modules available yet.

So, now I have come up with the solution using an FMC board (not an FMC converter module), which provides the way of accessing the FMC differential pins so that I can manually extend the MIPI CIS-2 TX pins externally and then connect with the RX system.  This has fulfilled the design requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

nikhil@logictronix.com
:::::Do not forget to Accept as solution, give Kudo and Share a post that you think is helpful:::::

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
watari
Professor
Professor

Hi @Nikhil_Thapa 

How about this URL ?

https://us.teldevice.com/product/tb-fmcl-mipi/

Best regards,

Nikhil_Thapa
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @watari, thanks for the reply.

I already know about such modules. However, also thanks for the URL. I am just wanting the modules, which do the reverse operation of the above URL module. That is, FPC to MIPI CSI-2 Transmitter converter module. 

Regards,

nikhil@logictronix.com
0 Kudos
watari
Professor
Professor

Hi @Nikhil_Thapa 

There is Meticom MC20901 as MIPI CSI-2 receiver PHY device and Meticom MC20902 as MIPI DSI Transmitter PHY device on this module.

Also, from the following URL, MC20902 can transfer siognal as MIPI D-PHY interface using the DSI, CSI-1 and CSI-2 standards.

http://www.meticom.com/page2/page20/MC20902.html

So, I'm sure that you can use it for what you want to do.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Nikhil_Thapa
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @watari, many thanks for the reply and link you provided. 

Once I also had checked and tried to use such Meticom IC to get out MIPI CSI-2 TX signal, but it did not fulfill the design requirement. So, I came to use FMC to MIPI CSI-2 Transmitter Converter module.  Looks like there are no such modules available yet.

So, now I have come up with the solution using an FMC board (not an FMC converter module), which provides the way of accessing the FMC differential pins so that I can manually extend the MIPI CIS-2 TX pins externally and then connect with the RX system.  This has fulfilled the design requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

nikhil@logictronix.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos