Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yellowd
Explorer
Explorer

SDI RX subsystem can't lock

Jump to solution

Hello there!
I use SDI GT and SDI RX Subsystem to receive 3G-SDI video data, but after running the program, the intf_0_rxoutclk of SDI GT has no clock, and the rx_mode_locked and rx_t_locked of SDI RX Subsystem are both 0. From what direction should I debug? SDI video source output 1080p@60fps in 3G-SDI is normal, chip model XCZU4EV, GTH reference clock 148.5M, Vitis version 2020.1, running under bare metal.

bd.pngsdigt-1.pngsdigt-2.pngsdirxss.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashokkum

Hello @yellowd ,

Yes, you have to configure the cmp_gt_ctrl with necessary details. FYI, in our example design we written a verilog code (uhdsdi_gt_ctrl.v) for  this logic. Kindly go through it and check for the respective configurations.

With Regards,

Ashok.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ashokkum

Hello @yellowd ,

This is a known issue in Vivado 2020.1. You can avoid the intf_0_rxoutclk grounding, by selecting the UHD-SDI standard to 12G-SDI. By selecting the standard as 12G-SDI, still you can capture the 3G-SDI standard video streams and you will never see the intf_0_outclk issue.

With Regards,

Ashok.

0 Kudos
yellowd
Explorer
Explorer

@ashokkum 

In order for SDI GT to work properly, do I have to give appropriate parameters to the cmp_gt_ctrl port?

0 Kudos
ashokkum

Hello @yellowd ,

Yes, you have to configure the cmp_gt_ctrl with necessary details. FYI, in our example design we written a verilog code (uhdsdi_gt_ctrl.v) for  this logic. Kindly go through it and check for the respective configurations.

With Regards,

Ashok.

View solution in original post

yellowd
Explorer
Explorer

@ashokkum 

Thanks a lot. Now the SDI receiver can lock on the video input correctly.

0 Kudos