Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebo
Voyager
Voyager

SMPTE UHDSDI Tx subsystem IP example design fails to create

Hello,

I've been following the PG289 document to generate the ZCU106 design example for the SMPTE UHDSDI Tx subsystem IP.

Using Vivado 2020.2, it fails with the following errors:

INFO: [IP_Flow 19-2313] Loaded Vivado IP repository 'C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2020.2/patches/AR76183_Vivado_2020_2_preliminary_rev2/vivado/data/ip'.
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-2313] Loaded Vivado IP repository 'C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2020.2/data/ip'.
create_project: Time (s): cpu = 00:00:28 ; elapsed = 00:00:09 . Memory (MB): peak = 1004.020 ; gain = 0.000
INFO: [open_example_project] Importing original IP ...
ERROR: [Coretcl 2-1074] Could not find import file 'd:/PROJECTS/VIVADO_2020.2/project_uhd-sdi/.Xil/v_smpte_uhdsdi_tx_ss_0/tmp_v_smpte_uhdsdi_tx_ss_0.gen/sources_1/ip/v_smpte_uhdsdi_tx_ss_0/../../../../tmp_v_smpte_uhdsdi_tx_ss_0.srcs/sources_1/ip/v_smpte_uhdsdi_tx_ss_0/v_smpte_uhdsdi_tx_ss_0.xci'
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: import IP failed in 0 out of 0 cases. See the Messages window for details.

Do you know how to correct this? or, is there another way to generate the example design? Thanks.

Regards,

--Sebastien
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ashokkum

Hello @sebo ,

Could you please let me know the OS details (Windows / Ubuntu) on which you run this Vivado 2020.2 build. Because, I need to reproduce this issue on that specific OS. Then only I can debug this issue furtherly at my end to resolve this.

Hope you understand!!!

With Regards,

Ashok.

0 Kudos
sebo
Voyager
Voyager

Hello @ashokkum ,

The problem occurs on Windows 10. I'm currently switching to Linux (Red hat) to see how it goes...

--Sebastien
0 Kudos
ashokkum

Hello @sebo ,

It should work without any errors on linux OS. Because I ran this design with 2020.2 build on Cent OS without any issues. Hope it should works at your end also.

With Regards,

Ashok.

0 Kudos
sebo
Voyager
Voyager

@ashokkum ok. The project seems to be ok on linux. I was able to generate the bitstream and export the hardware.

However, I can't see how the software project is built to run it. I remember it was done automatically on Vivado/SDK 2018.3.

thanks.

--Sebastien
0 Kudos
ashokkum

Hello @sebo ,

It is quite similar to SDK. Only you have to invoke VITIS software from your mission and that should point to your project local workspace. All these steps were mentioned in our example design section (Chapter-5) of either PG289 . You can refer page number:55 in this document, for how to launch VITIS and how to work with drivers. So, try to follow the steps as addressed in the PG, that helps you a lot for compiling the software drivers. 

Please let me know, if you face any issues, while working with VITIS. I will help you furtherly.

With Regards,

Ashok.

0 Kudos