cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

System Generaotor & Board Selection Question‏

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I am new to FPGA implementation. I have some questions about the system generator.

1. I am using the Xilinx ISE Design Suite 12.1. In my project, I first use System Generator to model the system. When I click on the SysGen Token, I notice that, there isn't XUP Virtex II board in the options. So can I still use the Virtex II board? If so, what steps should I take?

2. I created a .mdl model in System Generator in ISE 12.1 and simulated well. But When I simulate it in ISE 12.3, it reports many errors. Is that because of the version compatibility? There is FFT7.1 in ISE 12.1 v.s FFT8.0 in ISE 12.3. But it reports error even in the gateway in block. If it's not because of the version compatibility problem, what is the problem in my model?

Thank you for your help!
Helen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?Prod=XUPV2P

NOTE: XUPV2P must not be used for new installations. To use this board, you must already be a current Xilinx development tools version 10.1 or earlier license holder.

Newer versions of ISE don't have V2 support.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?Prod=XUPV2P

NOTE: XUPV2P must not be used for new installations. To use this board, you must already be a current Xilinx development tools version 10.1 or earlier license holder.

Newer versions of ISE don't have V2 support.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar
Helen,

If you are a student, ask your professor for new board.

If you are not a student, get a new board: the parts are much better, and the software is much better. Virtex II is more than 13 years old now. In "silicon years" that is equivalent to someone who is 7 * 13 = 91 years old!

I respect my elders, I would not consider asking a 91 year old to do my work....

Get a more recent board....

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you very much for your help!

I will ask my professor for a new board.

0 Kudos