Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

VSync during last active video line

Jump to solution

I have a video sink device, so I have to create video stream with data, HSync and VSync according its requirements based on Artix-7, Microblaze, VDMA, Axi4sVidOut and VTC.

So basically I need 480 lines of active video [0 to 479] with HSync at every line (it's done) and VSync during the last [479] active video line and no more extra lines. I tried to configure the VTC to use zero len VSync, but it is impossible. I can always use Hsync and VSync to produce short pulse in the last line [479], but as far as the minimum length of Vsync is 1 Line the VTC always will generate this extra [480] line, which doesn't contain active video. Well, this is confusing my video sink device and I can't change its behavioral, it is fixed to be like this, so I need to configure VTC to operate in 480 active video lines without extra empty lines for the VSync pulse. Is it possible at all? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @head_up 

The vsync paremeter is defined in number of lines. So the minimum vsync you can have with the vtc is one line.

This is common to standard video timing (CVT or VESA).

You might need to do your own timing generator for you use case.

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @head_up 

I can understand the meaning of "extra empty line".

So I assumed "extra empty line" means "Vertical blanking line".

> Is it possible at all?

In this case, if a video sink device requires native video signal for antiquarian CRT and LCD monitor, you must consider "Horizontal blanking" and "Vertical blanking" period.

So, this answe is NO.

Best regards,

> Is it possible at all?

Highlighted

Hi @head_up 

The vsync paremeter is defined in number of lines. So the minimum vsync you can have with the vtc is one line.

This is common to standard video timing (CVT or VESA).

You might need to do your own timing generator for you use case.

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

@florentw Thanks, and yes - you are right, I know the minimum duration for the VS is usually 1 line. But there was hope :) Anyway, I wrote my own VTC and now I will test it in hardware.

But if I can suggest - it is not so hard to extend already existing VTC IP with this kind of feature, it will become a bit more flexible for almost any kind of video sink/source. 

0 Kudos