cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VTC Field ID toggle

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using TPG, VTC and AXI-Stream to Video out to generate interlaced video for my application. I have set the VTC driver to generate interlaced video with Field ID set to LOW for field 0 and HIGH for field 1.

Below is the block design for the same.

video_in.png

I am observing in the ILA that the field ID toggles for every first valid pixel of a frame instead of rising edge of vsync. The VTC product guide does not mention anything regarding the toggling condition of the field_id signal. Is there any way I can make it toggle for the rising edge of vsync? Or this is the standard working (i.e field id toggles for first valid pixel of a field). 

Is the Field ID toggling at first pixel cause of the fid signal from TPG? If I remove the connection from TPG will it toggle for every rising edge of vsync instead?

The ila image is shown below.

video_in_ila.png

Thanks and Regards,

Ronston

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

HI @ronston.kevin 

The VTC will generate the timing signals independently of the TPG or the data interface (only the clock enable will affect it, but it will not affect at which moment the field id is generated).

I do not think there is a way of changing the behaviour of the VTC for the field ID signal. The only control that you have is on the polarity of the signal.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

HI @ronston.kevin 

The VTC will generate the timing signals independently of the TPG or the data interface (only the clock enable will affect it, but it will not affect at which moment the field id is generated).

I do not think there is a way of changing the behaviour of the VTC for the field ID signal. The only control that you have is on the polarity of the signal.

Florent

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello @florentw ,

Thank you for the quick reply. I wanted to latch the field id with the rising edge of vsync, which is needed for the assignment of certain parameters.

I will just latch the complement of the field id at the rising edge of vsync and check if it works fine.

Thanks and regards,

Ronston

Highlighted

HI @ronston.kevin 

If everything is clear for you on this topic, can you kindly mark a reply with the answer as accepted solution to close the thread.

Thanks

Florent
0 Kudos