cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javichu
Contributor
Contributor

Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC - ZCU106 HDMI Example Design - not running on Vivado 2018.1

Jump to solution

Hello, I would like to run the following example from Xilinx Wiki:

Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC - ZCU106 HDMI Example Design

I followed the steps to open the project but I got an error because the specified part is not available on Vivado 2018.1 (xczu7ev-ffvc1156-2-i-es2, which seems to be an engineering sample part). I edited the board.xml, zcu106_hdmi_ref.tcl and zcu106_hdmi_ref_prod.tcl files to use another part (xczu7ev-ffvc1156-2-i, the same one without the -es2 suffix) and then I could open the project but some blocks and all connections between blocks are missing. I was wondering if this example is also available for the zcu106 evalkit with the current Zynq part on it. Otherwise I would like to know if it might work just editing some more files besides the one I listed. I am especially interested in the test pattern generator subsystem and its connections. The HDMI IN/OUT subsystems are fortunately included in the ZCU106 examples that are available on the the Xilinx site so I could test them, but I did not find any example where the pattern generator is also included.

Thanks a lot!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
florentw

Hi @javichu,

What is the silicon on your ZCU106? If it is a production silicon, there is not point for you to use a ES part for the vivado project.

You might want to use the VCU TRD as example design. It also uses HDMI and the design is similar.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kvasantr

Hello @javichu,

Try checking if you have selected ES parts while installing VIVADO.

Take help of following answer record:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60112.html

Try to refer the HDMI TX design available for ZCU106. This example design includes TPG for pattern generation.

Refer PG235  for more help.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/v_hdmi_tx_ss/v3_1/pg235-v-hdmi-tx-ss.pdf

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
javichu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @kvasantr,

thank you for your reply. I had already downloaded the ES but the problem is that there are no ES parts from the EV family. I can see some on the list from the XCZU9EG family for example, so I know I got some of the Ultrascale+ ES parts during installation. When I check for extra content I might have not installed yet I get to the following list, where all ES parts are checked:

extra content.png

Where could I find the missing ES part? Is it no longer available? Is there anything else I should install? Thank your for your help anyways. 

Best Regards,

Javichu

0 Kudos
florentw

Hi @javichu,

What is the silicon on your ZCU106? If it is a production silicon, there is not point for you to use a ES part for the vivado project.

You might want to use the VCU TRD as example design. It also uses HDMI and the design is similar.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post