Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shahan.a
Participant
Participant

build error with Auto generated device tree file Zynq ultrascale+ MPSoC

Hi

I have the custom HDF with video path PL-DDR->VDMA->VPSS->SDI TX 

Configuration of VDMA registers is done by an FSM in PL side. So VDMA is not connected to Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSOC IP directly.

Without VPSS in the HDF we were able to build the petalinux project and work the SDI TX.

But after adding the VPSS in Vivado, the auto-generated Device tree file has an added device tree node of PL-disp-crtc.

v_pl_disp: drm-pl-disp-drv {
/* Fill the field xlnx,vformat based on user requirement */
compatible = "xlnx,pl-disp";
dma-names = "dma0";
dmas = <&SDI_TX_ila_1 hdmi_2k_vdma 0>;  * Syntax error *
xlnx,vformat = "YUYV";
pl_display_port: port@0 {
reg = <0>;
pl_disp_crtc: endpoint {
remote-endpoint = <&sdi_encoder>;

Due to this syntax error in the above line the device tree build is getting failed, Even trying to override and correcting this in system-user.dtsi wont be enough.

I have seen similar issues where the solution is to apply some TCL patches to fix the input parse problem without a syntax error. 

similar kind of issue : https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Syntax-error-in-pl-dtsi/td-p/1017156 

As in this thread, can I have some TCL patches for fixing the syntax error with the pl-disp-crtc device tree node mentioned above? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
florentw

HI @shahan.a 

In 2020.1, the DTG should have been simplified and there should be less errors (but more manual entries for users). I suggest you move to 2020.1

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos