cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmoore
Contributor
Contributor

opening Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC - ZCU106 HDMI Example Design

I am trying to open Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC - ZCU106 HDMI Example Design. I downloaded the zipfile, but as far as I can tell, it's under 2018.1 and was never updated. When I tried to open under 2018.1 tcl shell, I got this error:

create_project zcu106_hdmi_platform zcu106_hdmi_ref -part xczu7ev-ffvc1156-2-i-es2
# set_property BOARD_PART xilinx.com:zcu106:part0:1.2 [current_project]
# }
WARNING: [Device 21-436] No parts matched 'xczu7ev-ffvc1156-2-i-es2'
ERROR: [Coretcl 2-106] Specified part could not be found.

What's up with that? Please provide a design I can open. Or update the example design to a more current Vivado.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
watari
Professor
Professor

Hi @bmoore 

Would you make sure your installed device package file when you installed vivado ?

I'm sure that you don't install es device package file.

So, here are solution for you.

1) Install proper device package file.

2) Change part number from xczu7ev-ffvc1156-2-i-es2 to proper name. (ex. xczu7ev-ffvc1156-2-i)

Best regards,

0 Kudos
florentw

HI @bmoore 

1. I believe that in 2018.1 the ZCU106 was only Early access and has ES silicon. So you would need to make sure ES are enabled in your vivado installation
  2. This design is quite old. You might want to use one of the following one
    1. If you only want HDMI (no VCU) under bare-metal, refer to the example integrated into vivado (ideally vivado 2019.2). Refer to PG236 chapter 6
    2. If you want HDMI + VCU under linux, refer to the ZCU106 VCU TRD
    3. If you only want HDMI (no VCU) under linux, refer to the HDMI frame buffer example design. Howerver this design is made for ZCU102 so you would have to move it to ZCU106

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
systemsdeveloper
Explorer
Explorer

@florentw 

as you suggested No 3 option for HDMI frame buffer linux example design, it doesnt straightway work with ZCU106. I have ask for help from community  here.

I wanted to run passtrough frame buffer example with Linux but driver throws many error so I decided to first implement HDMI RX than HDMI TX and finally run full pass through application.

I am so glad as many people started using ZCU106 for HDMI and PCIe application.

0 Kudos