UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Artix 7 xapp1097 3G-SDI receiver

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I designed a system which has 4 3G-SDI outputs and 2 inputs and many other DVI input/output signals, the main purpose is to switch the signal between input and outout.

The board mount an artix 7 xc7a200 tfbg676 -2 device, actually I'm using Vivado 2015.2 and to implement the 3G-SDI I followed the xapp1097 v1.1.

The four output work properly in HD and 3G-SDI (Level A), I can see the images without problems in various monitors from different suppliers.

The issue comes when I connect the 3G-SDI (1080 @60Hz) output to the input, the rx_locked_signal is always high but the rx_t_family keep changing or have "1111" value so the transport video format is not known and also the frame rate is wrong.

There's no problem when the output is an HD-SDI.

The firmware difference between the xapp1097 and my system is that I used Transceiver wizard 3.5 instead of 3.0 (original xapp1097), obviously I replied the structure of the xapp for each channel with a single common sdi wrapper. In hardware design I followed all rules about spacing and impedance of all differntial connections, also the cable equalizer/driver (LMH0387) is the same used in board (TB-FMCH-3GSDI2A) used in the xapp1097. I'm investigating on the board and firmware even if as the output is working I think that the pcb traces are not the problem.

Thank you

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Artix 7 xapp1097 3G-SDI receiver

Jump to solution

Hi all,

after a long hardware/firmware debug, turns out that the firmware is working properly and the problem is related to the BNC connector used on the board that has a declared bandwidth compatible with 3G-SDI signals but not meet the specification standard. So after changing the connector everything is working properly.

Hope this can help, thank you for your support

Regards

1 Reply
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Artix 7 xapp1097 3G-SDI receiver

Jump to solution

Hi all,

after a long hardware/firmware debug, turns out that the firmware is working properly and the problem is related to the BNC connector used on the board that has a declared bandwidth compatible with 3G-SDI signals but not meet the specification standard. So after changing the connector everything is working properly.

Hope this can help, thank you for your support

Regards